pent up energy

on Friday, May 30, 2008
Its nine. A, L and I drive back in a haze, after a slew of phone calls, reminding us that it is raining. We stop at A’s place, the light drizzle becomes a strong enough reason for us to stand in her balcony , talking of trivial stuff , the conversation revolves around--why A cut her hair, helmet rule, one of them mention hazzaron khwahishein aisi'for god knows what, L is worried that I don’t have a jacket.. .. we don’t say it but it seems like yesterday we laughed with our ladybird cycles in between us.. we call Lava and ask her to come over. She cribs about her pyjama condition ,turns up anyway. We don’t hug. She asks us if we are staying over at A’s place? We call, beg, plead, but our parents say no, and politely remind us that it is ten o’ clock.
We still cling on, A teases her neighbour’ s 8 month old lab. He seems surprised to hear so much chatter at that time of the night , in the quiet road ,that he doesn’t even bark. And he has the brownestttt eyes ever.
I get dropped off , message the three of them that I reached. Now I cant sleep.

6 comments:

Somebody Else said...

awwwww. so what ma, Come, I will hug you.


PS- I know just the right things to NOT say to you, no?

Dark Covenant said...

awwwwww. Even the half sis gets to hug no?

PS- Hello, I'm just being 'nice'!

playbyrules said...

@ Somebody else- i don't hug somebody else's.
@ nandini- i never hug nandini , bugger maybe.
i'm averse to PDA

a million different people said...

I so know who they all are.

So what if you don't hug somebody else? Hug off a million different people. Very eepy, I know. Still, ajjusht off.

playbyrules said...

@ million different people-haan, you know all of them, hugged some of them as well.
never blogging at one in the night, PDA becomes a point of contention.

Wire Fhisky said...

Great!!! I remember that day!!!