the story behind a sari

on Monday, April 26, 2010
shopping for saris can make three women so happy, Amma dragged me off to Girija's day before, to buy a sari for the college farewell ( i cannot seem to clearly define my emotions about leaving college, sometimes it is good this way, its over even before you start weeping or crying with joy ).Girija's of course is legendary and my aunt has piles of old green Girija boxes and she has a story for each one of them. Amma is right, saris are boring without their stories. Anyway, what would i tell people if they asked me the story behind this one- that it was an end of an other even semester? it was the last and we had projects to document, write exams,pictures to take, drinks to try, and was wondering how to wear my hair on the day which was supposed to be my last in college, and these were the only good things to sort out. At this point though, I'm at my lowest ebb, with all that unshaken belief i had, of being different, and knowing what i wanted completely gone. Would i tell them that?
I could have made this post humorous in that silly way of mine, i just did not want to.

5 comments:

soda said...

fusht commentu :) dripping with innocence this one is...my second fev posht after dasayya this is. i loved the last line pa...super it is.


PS DONT LEAVE :(

Somebody Else said...

And she goes and writes stellar prose and doesn't bother to tell me. Go die. Hmpph

playbyrules said...

@soda, dassaya is prologue to my book! glad you like it. please please buy and make all your friends in sunnyvale buy it as well
@siri- its not prose, rant :(

Dark Covenant said...

Such a nice post! Innocence is the word. First an LVC on sarees, now a blog post. Am I missing out on the girly part of you?

Can't wait for Grad day for some reason that I don't understand. I hate draping sarees.

PS - Mind changing the template? It hits the eye and the throat apart from a lot of other things I mustn't say.

playbyrules said...

@ DC- I grew out of my tom boy phase long back, and you should see me trying to drape one, quite a spectacle it was at my bro's wedding, when all the aged women abandoned me as it was getting late for the rituals. weep.
so glad you like it :)
P.S template is so wannabe :( i hate lauu it